Consulting Essentials 2: Gaining Entry, Your Offer & Contracting with Organisations
This is the second in our Essentials of Consulting series. Just getting started is probably the biggest step in the whole process of setting up a consulting practice. From the prospective consultant’s point of view, there are all of ‘them’ – the organisations and businesses with their multiple functions and myriad issues - and there is ‘just’ you... why would you not be daunted?
Designed to give you the mindset and resources to begin creating a successful consultancy practice. This follow up module to the Basic Skills and Coaching Programme divides into three sections, though they all fit closely together.
We will look first at the work you need to do in creating something to take to market - developing your offer. Then we will look at the processes you will typically need to go through to interest a client in your work – gaining entry. Finally we will look at how you turn your proposal for work into a real business entity – your contract.
The course includes short pre-recorded videos for self-study; downloadable materials; CPD certificate upon completion of the course.
Phil Hayes & Robert Rees
Phil and Rob lead the course. Phil has over 30 years’ experience of working in the leadership development and executive coaching fields. He works at the most senior levels and his current client list is comprised of UK ambassadors, media heads, and leaders from organisations as diverse as Dyson, The BBC, Nissan, Nutmeg, Southampton FC, Saracens Rugby, and the NHS.
Robert is a UKCP-Accredited Psychotherapist, Qualified Executive Coach, Director of The Grove Practice and co-founder of TGPatwork, The Grove’s organisational practice. Robert has worked with a broad range of companies using therapeutic practice in industries such as consumer healthcare and beauty, technology, media and finance.
- Introduction to module (2:42)
- Module outline (1:04)
- Developing your offer (1:13)
- Values (2:54)
- Who to work with? (1:01)
- Your strengths (1:55)
- Your Consulting Personality (1:32)
- Key Questions about your offer (3:17)
- Gaining Entry (2:43)
- People you will meet and steps you might go through (3:38)
- Handling meetings (7:37)
- Contracting (3:14)
- Ending (0:55)
- The skills and confidence to take a your consultancy to market with a company or organisation around a therapeutic engagement.
- Help with identifying who you want to work with and obtaining clients
- Tools to help you clarify your strengths and be clear about your values as a consultant
- Insights into how to create your product
- How to talk about your offer with confidence to prospective clients
- Understanding the steps you might go through when undertaking a consultancy assignment
- How to handle meetings as a consultant
- A toolkit for creating a contract with a consultancy client
- Comprehensive materials to support your learning
A choice of course formats
These self-study courses are designed to fit conveniently around your schedule so you can learn at your own pace in your own time.
But if you decide that you prefer interactive tutor-led training, we also run courses in groups either on Zoom or by attendance in person at our London training venue.